X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashing problems

Hello everyone,

Sadly, the latest update of City Island 5 came with a lot of stability problems, mostly including crashes and the likes. But rest assured: we are working very hard to solve these issues! It may just take a bit of time (such is the nature of game development). I will spare you the technicalities, but suffice it to say that sometimes problems like these slip through the net when we do our Q&A .

Our apologies to those of you who are experiencing these issues. We have given this the highest priority.

Cheers,
    nielsnhlt

Noted and thanks. I appreciate you coming out to tell us the progress and the apology, though a little bit late, I accept that. Hope that you understand why I am so angry, partly because of the crashes, and partly because I don't know what is going on from your side. Your public message saying that your team is taking this seriously ease my worry a lot.

Comment

• Lildebbiejen
      Lildebbiejen commented
      Editing a comment
      Please fix the crashing problem!

Originally posted by Edmond View Post
    Noted and thanks. I appreciate you coming out to tell us the progress and the apology, though a little bit late, I accept that. Hope that you understand why I am so angry, partly because of the crashes, and partly because I don't know what is going on from your side. Your public message saying that your team is taking this seriously ease my worry a lot.
    Yep, it only took like three weeks to finally acknowledge it.

Comment

• Lildebbiejen
      Lildebbiejen commented
      Editing a comment
      Crashing needs fixing asap!

how much longer is it going to take? Took me 6 attempts to just collect money. Looks like a deleted game now then. Not going to be playing on a game that just stresses me out keep crashing. Disappointed

Comment

Installed the latest patch 1.8.9, device rebooted. Deeply disappointed to find that the crashing problem is not solved. The game crashes as before. What has the development team done in the past three weeks?????

Do I need to apologize to your development team for causing troubles to them, before they can seriously look into the problems?

Comment

• Nursejenn75
        Nursejenn75 commented
        Editing a comment
        I never received an update!?!? ..what system are you playing on? I’m using my iPad. No update in App Store. Still 1.8.7. Aghhhhh!!! If I hadn’t spent so much $$$ and ranked so high on this game I wouldn’t be caring like this and would just leave. I’m committed now. Unfortunately.

• Edmond
        Edmond commented
        Editing a comment
        I am playing on Android system. This morning, there is a further revision of patch 1.8.9 and my crashing problem solved. Don't know whether such update is also available for Apple Store.

• Nursejenn75
        Nursejenn75 commented
        Editing a comment
        Aha! Thought so. Well I’m happy for the Android users. Hopefully the Apple

New update today but no difference at all. Gave it the chance but failed. I used to pay at least £20 month on this game. Im on level 100, used to really enjoy playing but not anymore. Going to play candy crush instead! They have certainly lost my custom over ruiniing the only game I play.

Comment

So I'm not the only one whose game keeps kicking me off? I really like this game, & I've purchased every island, so I'd hate to quit playing because it's not being cooperative. I just hope they finally "spray" to get rid of the bug infestation!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley Bonanno View Post
          So I'm not the only one whose game keeps kicking me off? I really like this game, & I've purchased every island, so I'd hate to quit playing because it's not being cooperative. I just hope they finally "spray" to get rid of the bug infestation!!
          I have been pushing Sparkling Society to take this matter seriously in this forum, via e-mail and in their facebook page. I have every reason to believe that they do not take this seriously enough:-
          1. release patch 1.8.8 whcih have serious crashing problems and affect a lot of players, there is no excuse for the development team which is supposed to be responsible for performing compatibility test before release.
          2. on 7 May, I received an e-mail from Sparkling Society promoting a bunch of things, including the problematic patch 1.8.8. If they thought the crashing problem is serious, they should not include that problematic patch in their promotional e-mail.
          3. it takes more than two weeks to release a new patch 1.8.9 to rectify the crashing problems, but the patch actually fails to solve the crashing problem (at least for you and me, and also some other players in this forum).
          4. the facebook administrator replied me that "The latest patch has already fixed a lot of crashes for a lot of people, and more are on their way.", but the customer service replied my e-mail that they were surprised to learn that patch 1.8.9 did not solve my crashing problem and asked me to provide more information. At least one of them had not checked the real situation before replying me.

Comment

Having pressed so hard in these days for solving the crashing problem, I think I owe the responsibility to report immediately that my crashing problem has been solved by the revised patch 1.8.9 (on Android system) and the failure of storing boosting buildings has also been solved.

I hope that this revised patch also works for other players to solve the problem. Would Sparkling Society keep paying attention here to see if there are still players whose crashing problems still not solved, and continue to work on that as soon as possible.

Comment

I'm glad to find this thread as I thought I would just give up and delete the app.

i've been playing this on my iPad 3, which is quite old now so I do accept and expect the occasional crashes. But since the last update (1.8.7 on 1st May), I haven't been able to stay on the game for more than 3 minutes - without fail! Obviously, anything that I'd done prior to the crash will not be saved.

Here are my crash patterns:
              1. Whenever an ad pops up
              2. Crashes within 3 minutes if there are no ads

Comment

Still no fix for me using my iPad.
                I would appreciate an update from sparkling society to confirm they are still working on a fix to the 1.8.7 update Android users received a 1.8.9 update. I did not receive and check daily in-game and in the Apple play store.
                My game STILL CRASHES when I choose an island. It’s been WEEKS with no resolve for me.
                I spent too much $$$$ on this game to just walk away...If this is going to take much longer I would like a refund for my most recent purchases that I haven’t been able to use yet.
                Awaiting your reply....

Comment

Shouldn’t it be an update already that fixes the crashing problem for the IPad? I now understand the comment of one player who said that he would never pay anything for a free game. I thought it was very insensitive, because if you are entertained, you should be able to give something back more than a 5 star review. Now I understand! There is a good reason why a game is for free. The developers are not working full time on their project. That is why they don’t respond quickly to their technical issues. I feel disappointed!

Comment

Originally posted by Milenia View Post
                    Shouldn’t it be an update already that fixes the crashing problem for the IPad? I now understand the comment of one player who said that he would never pay anything for a free game. I thought it was very insensitive, because if you are entertained, you should be able to give something back more than a 5 star review. Now I understand! There is a good reason why a game is for free. The developers are not working full time on their project. That is why they don’t respond quickly to their technical issues. I feel disappointed!
                    Never thought about it that way but yes you are spot on, why would they respond quickly when most people won't spend a dime on the game.

Comment

I get 2 seconds of blimp and then the whole thing goes away. From reading above, and a couple of other threads, I get the feeling they know this but aren't bothering to respond with suggestions or fixes.

Comment

CI5 Crashing: I posted this message on your Facebook page @4 days ago. I have not seen a response there...maybe I posted on the wrong platform: I
                        'm still having the same problem; does not load and CI5 crashes as soon as the program tries to open. I was able to get the daily reward window yesterday and I click the "watch video" button to double the reward. After the video finished playing the reward doubled, I could not close the window in order to access the islands - the program froze and I had to close it. Since the, it continues to crash and I get the "bug report has been sent". My friend number is 5w-5i5e9 and I use Windows

Comment

Working...
                        X