Announcement

Collapse

Closing this forum

Dear Sparkling Society Fans,

We are very grateful for all your contributions and would like to thank you for all your feedback and great ideas on our forum. However, on June 1st 2020 we will stop facilitating this forum.

We are constantly working on improving the quality and experience of our games, and we have found that the forum hasn't been of value for this purpose. Because of this we've had to make the difficult decision to close it down.
For us focus is what counts, and what we love most is to work on the improvements of our games in every sense. We are determined to deliver the best city building experience on mobile.
At the same time there are still many other options to connect with fellow players, which we encourage you to explore.

For City Island 5 players; please visit the Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/676348963172909/. We are not affiliated with this group, but they have told us that they are glad to welcome you all in their community. Most likely, initiatives like this are available on Facebook for other games as well.

If you have any questions regarding this matter, please send us an email at [email protected]
See more
See less

Which bulding gives highest amount of keys and at what level you can get them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which bulding gives highest amount of keys and at what level you can get them?

So due to lockdown I started playing this game and even though this forum is like a ghosttown I am pretty enjoying it so I want to share my progress and get some feedback in return

My id: 5-945m8

My cash resource: I am level 33 btw

Right now I have 15 resorts affected with 2 ultra rare buildings that gives 100% boost so I get:
    322152*15 = 4832280 cash (4.8 million every 45 mins)
    I am going to build 21 resorts as that is the maximum amount I can fit in between 2 ultra rares with 100% boost.

My key resource:
    I have 50 banks in 1 island (I bought them when it was on sale 50% at 2 gold coins each)
    Banks give 13 silver keys in exchange for cash or 4 gold keys for 14 silver keys. Also their cooldown in insanely low so they are good for daily bounty collection quests.
    i.e. 50 banks gives me 13x50 = 650 silver keys or 4x50 = 200 gold keys (while it takes 700 silver keys to exchange for 200 gold keys)
    I farm silver keys when I ran out as right now cash is never as issue for me.

My strats and things I learnt:
    • I have divided most of my island into 2 partitions, 1 side housing (with an ultra in the middle) while another side some cash buildings.
    • If an upgrade is costing say 2 gold coins but giving me 16 keys I will do it because it cost me 12 keys to get 2 gold coins from my resort so I made 4 extra gold keys while upgrading my building. Although I will do only enough per day as I am willing to watch ads. (say I decide to watch 5 ads I will do upgrade worth 10 gold keys)
    • While collecting keys its simpler to have your finger pressed on the bulding till all the keys are retrieved instead of tapping. ( I learnt this recently which has saved me a couple of accidental presses)
    • When you get daily rewards and double reward option is greyed out if you wait a min or two it becomes available.
    • Free chest is garbage
    • I alwyas get silver chest when I have silver keys in excess. It will give you rare building and if you don't get then 100+ gold keys are bound to be rewarded.
    • Ultrarare buldings don't give levels. I have enough for now so I will only buy golden chest. (been unlucky though bought 7 only 2 crane and 1 level up)
    • I have around 20 storage and have about 5 buildings maxed that can employ 700+ people in case I need to balance population or unemployment.
    • I am going to restrain myself from spending any gold coins till I reach 1000 then I will spend it to buy buildling that I want on a day wen I have spend 1k gold quest and get 600 gold coins in return after watching double ad.
    What I Want:
    • Which building should I look out for which will give me better return than my resorts and banks.
    • Any tips or ideas to improve my efficiency.
    I know my island is not beautiful or fancy at the moment but I just want to take my time decorating it but first want to get the functioning of the island as perfect as I can make.
    Thanks for reading

Attached Files

Very nice. What format are you playing on? I play on an iPad and my banks only give me 4 gold keys per 14 silver keys.
    A barn, and a combined harvester give you a good return if you can get them, I remember from the first time I played the game.
    im on level 45 and am 43 in the world rankings, I go as Lycanthrope60.
    keep a close look on the scoreboard as you can go down very quickly by doing the wrong thin,as I found out the first time I played, I think I managed -69.000 yes that’s minus, I was nowhere near the scoreboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadaver Dog View Post
      Very nice. What format are you playing on? I play on an iPad and my banks only give me 4 gold keys per 14 silver keys.
      A barn, and a combined harvester give you a good return if you can get them, I remember from the first time I played the game.
      im on level 45 and am 43 in the world rankings, I go as Lycanthrope60.
      keep a close look on the scoreboard as you can go down very quickly by doing the wrong thin,as I found out the first time I played, I think I managed -69.000 yes that’s minus, I was nowhere near the scoreboard.
      Thanks! I don't know how to improve or maintain scoreboard for now

I play on android and banks gives me 4 gold keys for 14 silver. Sorry for typo error xD

Wow! You are level 45 and already in first page of world rankings :O
      I am not so sure of how it works but that is a pretty impressive feat. I also left a heart in your island but idk what it does.
      Attached Files

Comment

Don't pay attention to the leaderboard. The top is filled with players who only have decorations on their islands because they give the most points. I don't know why.
        Hearts don't anything but letting a player know that somebody liked one or more of their islands.
        With any luck you will get the barn or combine harvester (both mud type buildings from level 100+) from diamond chests while you get more boost buildings, or from golden chests when you try to get the level up rewards. (Don't count on getting those level up rewards to often though, I've been playing daily for over 2 years, got 2595 coins, 9.656.575.404 cash, 102 cranes, 114.606 residents, 111.964 jobs, every available building for my level including the ones you need coins for... and am only at level 105. It takes me about 2.5 hours collecting/exchanging keys every day. It's the only thing left to do for me as all my buildings are at level 10. Takes about a month to gain maybe 2 levels.)

Barn (Available from level 103 or 104 for 49 coins (+2 for every barn you already have))
        cash30.000 -> 20 silver keys
        14 silver keys -> 6 gold keys
        12 gold keys -> 2 coins

Combine Harvester (Available from level 119 for ?)
        cash30.000 -> 25 silver keys
        14 silver keys -> 7 gold keys
        12 gold keys -> 2 coins

I play on PC.
        My invite code: lcsns8v (<- starts with lower case L)

Comment

Originally posted by Tjerp View Post
          Don't pay attention to the leaderboard. The top is filled with players who only have decorations on their islands because they give the most points. I don't know why.
          Hearts don't anything but letting a player know that somebody liked one or more of their islands.
          With any luck you will get the barn or combine harvester (both mud type buildings from level 100+) from diamond chests while you get more boost buildings, or from golden chests when you try to get the level up rewards. (Don't count on getting those level up rewards to often though, I've been playing daily for over 2 years, got 2595 coins, 9.656.575.404 cash, 102 cranes, 114.606 residents, 111.964 jobs, every available building for my level including the ones you need coins for... and am only at level 105. It takes me about 2.5 hours collecting/exchanging keys every day. It's the only thing left to do for me as all my buildings are at level 10. Takes about a month to gain maybe 2 levels.)

Barn (Available from level 103 or 104 for 49 coins (+2 for every barn you already have))
          cash30.000 -> 20 silver keys
          14 silver keys -> 6 gold keys
          12 gold keys -> 2 coins

Combine Harvester (Available from level 119 for ?)
          cash30.000 -> 25 silver keys
          14 silver keys -> 7 gold keys
          12 gold keys -> 2 coins

I play on PC.
          My invite code: lcsns8v (<- starts with lower case L)
          Thanks for your response and great insight on the games progress. I realized pretty fast that levelling is hard in this game but as you progress you have better odds opening golden chests for a level up at a 20% chance.

I think I have to hold on to by banks and resorts for the time being since barns are too far fetched for my level

Do you ever delete your building when you don't need them or when they are not matching your idea?

Anyways I sent you invite and I am really curious to see your island!

Comment

• Tjerp
            Tjerp commented
            Editing a comment
            Accepted the request. Only one of my islands (far left grass/sand) looks ok, it only has residential buildings. My 3 starter islands are packed with mostly money/xp making buildings. The rest are mixed. I did delete a lot of buildings (most on grass and snow), replaced them when I got a new one from a chest and had no room for it. I have a little over 140k points for leaderboard due to the deleting/replacing and having just a few decorations.
            Last edited by Tjerp; 10th May 2020, 11:35.

If you go the scoreboard way in the game, deleting things or moving things has a negative effect on your score.
          This game can be played two ways collect lots of money,keys,gold to buy buildings quickly, or as I would like to call it keeping it green, and for this you get a better score.
          nothing is as it seems in this game.

Comment

Hey Tjerp I visited your island and discovered that there is an island completely of grass at bottom left. I think I am gonna be using it the same way as you for all the housing. You have made a really nice layout there. I just realized once you level up high enough you will still eventually run out of space :O

The only thing that bothered me was that 97% happiness. Sorry my ocd kicked in :/

@Cadaver Dog
            Yeah, i figured you can play the way you like. I am still just enjoying that moment when you understand the game while discovering something new at the same time. I deleted about 10 buildings so far and I am gonna say it ain't easy! Also I destroyed about 300 decorative buildings that occupied 1x1 space because I was bored one day without cash while I had an entire island with nothing to construct. So my ranking in that way must have taken a hard hit D:

Comment

• Tjerp
              Tjerp commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I was waiting for more new buildings to buy with coins, but as I'm not realy that active anymore... I fixed your ocd problem

• Cadaver Dog
              Cadaver Dog commented
              Editing a comment
              I can only visit the top 100 people now and every time I do try to visit someone the game crashes.

Hello Tjerp, could you please accept my friend invitation on City Island 5? It would be a pleasure to see how did you build up your city and have such high level. Thank you very much.

Regards
            kaper00

Comment

• Ampunq
              Ampunq commented
              Editing a comment
              Ozj400c it's mine
          Working...
          X