I'm going to a black screen after I try and access an island to play game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to a black screen after I try and access an island to play game

I did my usual log on to start my 'City Island 3 for PC ' this morning and I am not able to get on the first island so I can play. Once I clicked on Gone Greenlands the screen goes black except for a small sparkling society logo in the right, lower, corner of the screen. I also get a pop up stating I bought a crane. first time I tried to log on my pop up showed I bought a 6th one. I tried a few more times the last few hours and stopped once it stated I had bought my 8th crane.I have checked my CC and there are no buys showing these unauthorized charges so far so is not a great concern until that does actually happen. Could someone help me get my game playable? My game version is 2.2.2 My friend code is W3-cp7pe

I'm experiencing the same issue. The newer island layout update looks cool from the PC version, yet nothing but black screen when attempts are made to visit one of them. FC: W3-lephg

Comment

Same experience : since the last update (version 2.2.2), the City Island 3 for PC don't work.

Comment

Ditto for me. Getting a black screen while using Version 2.2.2 of CI3 on Windows 10. Arrgh! Is there a workaround?
        [W3-f4fjj]

Comment

Oh, wow! It's back!! It's back!!!

Comment

• jaggy p
            jaggy p commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, I'm jealous! Do the islands look the same, or were there cosmetic differences?

• DEEMATT
            DEEMATT commented
            Editing a comment
            oops

Same here. Black screen when I try to go to other islands. fc W3-c9jik

Comment

Same here - but pop up message saying purchase successful of cash - then blank black screen - and I havent bought anything

Comment

If you click on an island and walk away (or doing something else) the island finally loads...
              It takes a LONG TIME for the graphics to load each time you click on an island for the first time. If you wait it out, the islands eventually appear. It took me almost an hour to load all 10 hours the first time. After that, the game worked fine -- in fact, better than ever! Some improvements I see are:
              New businesses (like a pizza restaurant, second type of fashion store, etc.)
              Profit appears IN FRONT OF the surrounding scenery in all cases
              Cars and pedestrians have cash and experience profit that you can click on -- like in City Island 2
              More videos that you can watch for gold

It's hot! I like the upgrade.

-edhuds0n2

Comment

• DEEMATT
                DEEMATT commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the information. I'll try that.

• DEEMATT
                DEEMATT commented
                Editing a comment
                It's all working now, thanks to your posting the steps we need to do to make that happen. Thanks again!

• jaggy p
                jaggy p commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll try that too, when I have more time. Thank you for the help!

Thanks - yes, you're right - you do need to wait a long time for each island to load the first time, but its all working fine again now! Many thanks

Comment

Hello KB1 edhuds0n2 PRA7 gamezero jaggy p DEEMATT ,

Thanks for getting in touch with us regarding your concern.

We have received similar concerns from our other players as well. Our product team is aware of this issue and they are looking into it. Hopefully, a fix for this issue will soon be implemented. Kindly, stay tuned!

Comment

this is still occurring for me - along with the game forcing full screen when it starts. If you were looking into it in August of last year, why no updates? Why is it still happening?

Comment

Working...
                  X