Choosing your deck for newbies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing your deck for newbies

When you first start, this game is exciting and fast paced. Strategy counts as much as does card strength or player energy level, etc. However, all the strategy in the world will not help you if your cards do not work together, or if they are too weak because you did not bother to upgrade them enough. Energy level, either in campaign or tournaments, are indicators of how serious the upgrades on your opponents cards are. To win battles either in tournament or campaign, you need to focus on your deck.

Since I have taken league 1 in advanced tournament, and league 1 a couple of times in intermediate, I thought I would share the knowledge I have accumulated to get where I am.

This game is based around having a balanced deck of great offense and a great defense with supporting cards. The type of card they are is usually denoted by the attributes, namely those cute little abilities that come with upgrading like shields or rampage. When you have accumulated a bunch of cards, people tend to focus only upon damage per second, which is a mistake. Highly offensive cards tend to be weak on defense and therefore easily killed off. When you first start off, most everyone in the tournament will have cards far more powerful than what you can play. Stay out of the tournaments until you can get a few really good cards upgraded to at least level four or five.

You will want to play the tournaments though, as if you can even get to 700 points it is more than worth the 250 coins you spent to enter as you will get cards you currently do not have, cards you need for the next upgrade, or coins for wins when the cards offered are not worth it to you. Many of my legendary status cards have come from tournaments, for instance.

Now, you have a collection of cards to start with and they all pretty much look alike -- all dinosaurs.

DEFENSE:

To start, look at the defensive capability of the card. get at least two or three in your deck with the highest defense levels you have available. If you have to choose between one or the other, THEN look at the damage per second and choose the card with the highest. A defensive card usually has a fairly low value for offense (damage per second). A card with 220 damage per second may be worthless if it can take only one hit from the opposition before it dies. A card that can take hit after hit until a more powerful card becomes available to take it's place is invaluable, as this is a defensive card.

OFFENSE:

Get at least two cards which are beasts into your deck, basically a card with the highest offensive capability combined with the fastest firing time possible. These cards will pound the opposition but will not last long under heavy fire. Just because a card fires every second does not make it a good card either as you are looking for the best combination of damage per second and firing speed, not just one or the other.

SUPPORT:

A support card is generally not chosen because of it's offense or defense, but because of it's ability to pave the way for another more powerful card. This is usually because of it's attributes. For instance, a card with the heal capability can be thrown beside a weak offensive card so that the next hit the offensive card suffers can be partially or completely negated. A card with the crossfire attribute can be placed next to a strong card so that it offensively defends that card by attacking the card that is attacking the second card..The heal and crossfire attributes are the two supporting attributes I have found in the game. Sometimes, but not always, a supporting card can be extremely powerful in it's own right. The crossfire attribute (a sword with two little red arrows showing the direction of fire called "multiple attack directions") can also be used to help another similar card. You have three slots for cards, and if the two on the left both contain a cards that crossfire right, and the third slot contains a card that crossfires left, you have a really powerful combo, as a for instance, as only one card has to defend itself without help, which is the card on the far left.

ATTRIBUTES:

In all cases, pay close attention to the attributes the card will have when you get to at least two attributes per card. These determine whether a card will work well with the other cards in your deck. Powerful offensive attributes are the stun, crossfire, instant strike, and rampage. Cards with instant strike or stun will generally get two offensive hits in before it takes a hit from the opponents card. Crossfire doubles the listed offensive capability (damage per sec) because it hits twice every time it fires, once at the card straight above and the second at the slot next to the card in the direction of the two red arrows. Rampage takes leftover damage dealt to the opponents card and takes it off of their energy bar. Powerful defensive attributes are the shield, crossfire, and revive. Some, like the crossfire and shield are dual purpose, either increasing firepower as well as defending one or more cards. The revive ability adds energy to your energy bar. Consider all of the attributes and then think about how you can get them to help each other to deliver maximum havoc to your opponent while keeping your deck as strong as possible in the process.

MAXXING CARDS:

When you max out a card in your deck (upgrade to the last level) it is as powerful as it can be. This does not mean it is the best card available. I have only one card maxxed in my deck, and it is a great card, but it is not an awesome card. I have one of those outside my deck that will replace it as soon as I can upgrade it one more time.

Don't get too attached to any specific card. As you get some rare, epic, and legendary cards, you will eventually change out most or even all of the cards you have now over time. You may even change your strategy and approach to battle several times before you find a style that works for you. No matter what deck you have, you will win and lose battles. Winning battles is about two things, taking out the opponents cards and taking energy from the opponents bar. At only 12K energy I was quite often taking out opponents with 20-25k because I carefully put my deck together and was not afraid of experimenting.

What at first seems like a good deck can always be made better, sometimes using cards you would not have even considered before, so by all means use my advice as just a starting primer, but find your own style.

Muito bom coyote68

Comment

Hi Coyote68 ,

We are glad to know about such a player performed such an analysis. Those are really good observations.

We hope other players will also find it helpful and will make their own observations and analysis .

Comment

Working...
      X