No video's on Windows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No video's on Windows

Apparently a part of our player base is not receiving any video's to enable the boosts available in the game.
    It is our main concern to make sure that our players are happy with what we are offering and that everything is working as intended.

In this case things are a bit more complicated. We have recently added this feature to our game, because it had already proven to be a positive addition on other platforms that we released it on earlier. Without becoming too technical, the reason why it is not working is completely out of our hands. The video's are provided by a different company. They have all sorts of criteria on when they serve video to our users that we have no control over or that we are able to review.

From what we can tell, this service does not work so well on the windows platform and we are talking to this other company in order to get it fixed. Apparently though they have other priorities and we are left with a broken feature.
    What we can and will do at this point is downgrade the software from this company that we are using in our game. We made sure we are up to date with their most recent version of that software, but this does not solve the problem. We will see if a downgrade to a slightly older version will help out the people that are currently frustrated with this bad behaviour.

As i mentioned before it is our main concern to look after all our players and to do everything within our power to make their experience flawless. The fact that we sometimes fail is not because we are not caring, or worse as some people find it necessary to say on this forum.
    I kindly ask everyone to give us some credit and to bear with us. We care and we are working on it, but with very limited bandwidth because it is not our software that is broken.

Please keep it friendly and constructive and take note that posts with foul language will be removed.

Thanks for letting your players know what the issue is Holden, much appreciated.

I play Paradise City Island Sim on Windows 10 and have been experiencing a lack of video's. They seemed to work for a while a week or so ago, but I don't get any video's whatsoever now. Paradise City Island Sim is an excellent game and a credit to Sparkling Society, but game play is very slow without the video's.

Do you have a timescale for downgrading the ad company software?
    Hopefully that will fix it!
    Last edited by Seabiscuit; 18th September 2018, 21:13. Reason: Only part of post was published

Comment

I think its working now on Paradise City Island now, but can you do the same for Tropical Paradise Town Island?
      Its no Videos again, and dont matter how long time I'm online, at same time I do have Videos In Paradise City Island today.
      So just a thought if its not done on Tropical Paradise maybe do the same and see if its get better.

Friendly regards Natalja

Comment

Thank you for explaining this. Maybe you can drop the gold off some of the buildings and make them cash for a short while until this is figured out and repaired? This is an excellent game you have here and I will be playing some of the others once I get my islands all built up.

Comment

Dear sybdragon, I thought the same, specially with this Video issue. So read this link.
          https://forums.sparklingsociety.net/...os-not-working
          Its post #3 and #4 and Its me and support, so maybe in future we might, they have taken up on my similar suggestion like yours.
          Sadly its hard to just drop it of for a short time, its changes the hole game settings I think?
          I'm not the best at programming, but I think it might.
          What I do know is people and people who bought it for gold will be upset, not me tho I respect Sparkling Society.
          But some will nag and demand gold back for what they bough, if they do it for a short time only.
          If its possible maybe have like a special offer only a short time that buildings cost cash instead of gold, that wont create same issue as say cause of this bug if they can do what you suggested. It is a good suggestion, it really is. Alternative drop the gold amount for the buildings to less gold.
          You can always get 3 from daily's and sometimes from the ship ports like 2 every day more or less depends.
          In the end with out ads you might still get 5 gold on daily.
          I really agree with you, but it is an issue with gold bars, specially when ads bugging.
          For me its more bugs in Tropical Paradise and what I notes the bug starts every time Windows Defender doing updates.
          I am at this moment talking to support about it, and they really trying to help me. But if I reinstall Windows ads works again, to next defender update. So like Sparkling say its Windows and Sparkling Society gets a lot of crap for this, when its not there fault.
          Thats really sad, cause I think they do give us time and try to help as best as they can.

Friendly Regards Natalja Sagova.

Comment

Dear sybdragon, I thought the same, specially with this Video issue. So read this link.
            Its post #3 and #4 and Its me and support, so maybe in future we might, they have taken up on my similar suggestion like yours.
            Sadly its hard to just drop it of for a short time, its changes the hole game settings I think?
            What I do know is people and people who bought it for gold will be upset, not me tho I respect Sparkling Society.
            But some will nag and demand gold back for what they bough, if they do it for a short time only.
            If its possible maybe have like a special offer only a short time that buildings cost cash instead of gold, that wont create same issue as say cause of this bug if they can do what you suggested. It is a good suggestion, it really is. Alternative drop the gold amount for the buildings to less gold.
            You can always get 3 from daily's and sometimes from the ship ports like 2 every day more or less depends.
            I really agree with you, but it is an issue with gold bars, specially when ads bugging.
            For me its more bugs in Tropical Paradise and what I notes the bug starts every time Windows Defender doing updates.
            I am at this moment talking to support about it, and they really trying to help me. But if I reinstall Windows ads works again, to next defender update. So like Sparkling say its Windows and Sparkling Society gets a lot of crap for this, when its not there fault.
            Thats really sad, cause I think they do give us time and try to help as best as they can.

Friendly Regards Natalja Sagova

Comment

Originally posted by NataSagova View Post

Friendly Regards Natalja Sagova
              Hi Natalja Thank you. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. I didn't realize I was logged out and I couldn't find the reply buttons. lol Dang it I am computer stupid sometimes. lol

I love this game. I am so thankful it's free too. As I do not have any money to spend on games and such, I really appreciate it when someone puts their hard work out for me to enjoy. Like you, I think being polite is easy to do and if it takes a little while longer to play, I have the time anyway. I do try to collect whatever gold I can get daily so I still get a couple pieces a day. Oh well. I am not complaining. I am playing for free.

Comment

Working...
              X